Cardiff based Architectural & Interior Design consultancy services
Running for one evening a week for eight weeks, this course is designed to give you a more detailed understanding of the interior design process, including:
- Design briefs
- Surveying and space analysis
- Mood / sample boards
- Branding, personality & style
- Colour theory
- Pattern theory
- Lighting theory
- Acoustics theory
- Finishes and furniture tips & tricks
- Space planning and flow analysis
- Schedules, budgets & managing your project
- Design communication in 3D & 2D
- How to prepare information for contractor / decorator
Each week there is a presentation followed by workshop time. By the end of the course you will have produced concepts, mood boards and drawings for your own project, designed with lighting, acoustics and colour theory in mind.
Following the course you will have greater confidence in tackling and communicating your home projects.
What is provided by Space:craft for use in the classes?
- Drawing equipment
- Foam board and adheisive for mood / sample boards
What do I need to bring?
- Note book & pen, pencil & eraser
- 10m measuring tape
- Laptop, tablet or smart phone with WiFi connection beneficial for collecting products and imagery from the internet during classes, although not compulsary.
We make our courses an enjoyable night out to spend with like minded people, with no exams, tests or pressure. We'll provide the knowledge, the tea and biscuits if you provide the curiosity and enthusiasm!
Numbers on each course is between 6-15 students.
Note: Our courses are designed as leisure classes, so do not provide you with formal qualifications. If you are looking to do a full time professional degree in Interior Design, the University of South Wales offers a full degree course in Cardiff where Space:craft's Kate Smith is a visiting lecturer each year. Follow link below for more information:
Is the booking a GIFT for someone else?
Email us after booking for a printed gift voucher.